Friday, June 3, 2011

Deconstructed

You came to me in a dream one night. You sat with me through my pain and tears, and reassured me that you would stay. You told me this moment wouldn’t last forever and that time tells all. You told me things would be alright and that I would always be loved. You told me there could be no joy without sorrow. You told me to wait for dawn.

I couldn’t see your face. I didn’t know your name. You only revealed yourself through words and the compassion in your heart. But I wished to tell you things that lived in the smallest corners of my mind. I wanted to tell you about the things I remembered, saw and felt that made me happy and carefree. I wanted to tell you why I was here in the shadows and why I couldn’t leave.

You told me the universe doesn't stand still for anyone. It doesn't pause for wanderers, the faint of heart, or half dreamers. I wanted to tell you that you were inextricably tied to my future – you just didn’t know it yet.

No comments: